CM_Logo

Sunday, November 02, 2008

You know the saying about time flying?

by Christine Mortesen 2 comments

Tag


Share this post:
Design Float
StumbleUpon
Reddit

I thought that only happens when you're having fun? Now I can't say that this year has not had it's share of fun but it's been a very difficult one for me as well. With my grandmother ill since March it's been difficult to truly enjoy much without my thoughts wandering to her, or to my mother. Up to this point I've tried my best to live a seemingly normal life...still go out with friends, play volleyball when I can, work at odd and not so odd hours. I've even been able to travel quite a bit this year.

In 2 weeks in fact I'm going to Italy with 3 other great girl friends of mine that I met through our running group last year. I'm very excited to go seeing as I've yet to make it across the pond. But at the same time I don't want to go anywhere at all. I want to be here for my grandma and especially for my mom. I'll be gone for 10 days...10 days...

...I do plan on bringing my phone so that I can keep connected to friends and make posts to Twitter. That's great and all, I mean I DO love keeping up with all of my online communities but this time I really just care about my OFFline community, my family. I think for many of us these days it's easy to overlook the ones that matter most in our lives. If you're like me they're mostly the ones that aren't "connected". We're too busy with work, or live too far, or have school, this or that (i.e., presidential elections, the economy taking a nose dive, etc.). There's really no excuse though is there?

Take a day this week and disconnect. Just one day. No computer, no crackberry, PDA, iPhone, what-have -you. Go to your mom's or grandmother's, father's, aunt's, uncle's, brother's, sister's house and just talk to them. Tell them how much you love them. We just never know how much time we really have.

Enough of that for now though...too much gravity. I usually like to blog, Tweet, etc. as a distraction from all of the above. It is apparently getting harder to keep that from leeching into my posts. Life this year has just become something of a blur. I can't believe it's already November?! Next month I'll have to do another re-cap of the year just like I did here for 2007. So far no massive bee attacks to speak of. I may be in the clear!

Comments 2 comments
Unknown said...

Now you've jinxed yourself and a freak swarm of bees will appear in late December just to ruin your year. ;) Just kidding!

Amy

Christine said...

HA! Thanks Amy! Luckily they're all either dead or hibernating (if bees hibernate that is). And no stings while in Italy so I think I'm in the clear ;) lol

Christine Mortensen
Visual Designer, UX Advocate, Social Medial Maven, Interactive Media Strategist, Blogger, and in my spare time I'm a Runner, Volleyball Player, and Bloody Mary Fan
CHICAGO-ILLINOIS
christine.mortensen@gmail.com

Subscribe feeds via e-mail
Subscribe in your preferred RSS reader

Subscribe feeds rss Recent Entries

Categories

My Photos on flickr

Vball Network on Facebook

Subscribe feeds rss Recent Comments

Technorati

Technorati
My authority on technorati
Add this blog to your faves