CM_Logo

Monday, May 21, 2007

Training Update #2

by Christine Mortesen 0 comments



Share this post:
Design Float
StumbleUpon
Reddit

So just a real quick update for you...I'm so pissed!!!

Last Saturday (May 12)was our longest group run yet...8 miles; and what do I go and do? I injure my god blessed foot that's what. LOL, oh that figures right?! I think I sprained it but i'm not positive. It's slightly bruised and a wee puffy on the outside of my foot and only hurts when I put all of my weight on my heel.

Well luckily it's Tuesday and it's already starting to feel better. I was icing it and kept it wrapped in an ACE bandage for the most part except for today because I wore my sneakers.

Against my better judgment I still went to yoga last night. That probably wasn't the BEST idea but the instructor came over often and told me how I could modify some posses so that I don't hurt myself further. I just couldn't stand the idea of missing 2 weeks in a row especially knowing that I probably can't run at all this week.

Seeing as my foot felt ok-ish I tried my hand at swimming since I figured it's a non-weight bearing activity. Man! I've not been swimming in forever and NEVER laps. I think I lasted all of ten minutes! Oh well, it made my foot feel great!

Think I'll be hobbling around a bit longer but my hope is that I can do a little jogging on Saturday; Tuesday at the latest! [fingers crossed!]

Take care all!

Comments 0 comments

Christine Mortensen
Visual Designer, UX Advocate, Social Medial Maven, Interactive Media Strategist, Blogger, and in my spare time I'm a Runner, Volleyball Player, and Bloody Mary Fan
CHICAGO-ILLINOIS
christine.mortensen@gmail.com

Subscribe feeds via e-mail
Subscribe in your preferred RSS reader

Subscribe feeds rss Recent Entries

Categories

My Photos on flickr

Vball Network on Facebook

Subscribe feeds rss Recent Comments

Technorati

Technorati
My authority on technorati
Add this blog to your faves