CM_Logo

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Wordle: Turn Just About Anything into Tag Cloud Art

by Christine Mortesen 1 comments



Share this post:
Design Float
StumbleUpon
Reddit

This just in from the "just for fun" department...
I just found this site called Wordle and to be honest I was so immediately engrossed in it I don't even remember how I found it! (I think I saw a link for it off of TweetStats but I'm not positive.)

There are three ways to get started:

  1. Paste in a bunch of text
  2. Enter the URL of any blog, blog feed, or any other web page that has an Atom or RSS feed
  3. Enter a del.icio.us user name to see their tags
I tried three different things:
Take 1...what I got out of the box using my Twitter account (@cmortensen)...


My second attempt...much better!

For the third one I used my Delicous tags and got this:

The only thing though is I wish there was a way these could automatically update as your word/tag volume and frequency changes so that I could post a "live" version to my site. That might be asking for a bit much but I imagine it'd be very similar to normal tag clouds with these style settings applied. How you get the fonts to work? Now that's a puzzle to me. Unless you use Siffer but then this becomes a flash element (not necessarily a bad thing).

Ok, I'm rambling...time to stop :)

If you make one yourself let me know what you think and/or paste it in a comment below.

Comments 1 comments
Unknown said...

That is too much fun. I made 2 one for my Mary Kay blog and one for my Amy Lee Jewelry blog.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/amymort/3191176063/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/amymort/3192023202/in/photostream/

Couldn't get it to paste here.

Christine Mortensen
Visual Designer, UX Advocate, Social Medial Maven, Interactive Media Strategist, Blogger, and in my spare time I'm a Runner, Volleyball Player, and Bloody Mary Fan
CHICAGO-ILLINOIS
christine.mortensen@gmail.com

Subscribe feeds via e-mail
Subscribe in your preferred RSS reader

Subscribe feeds rss Recent Entries

Categories

My Photos on flickr

Vball Network on Facebook

Subscribe feeds rss Recent Comments

Technorati

Technorati
My authority on technorati
Add this blog to your faves