CM_Logo

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

What's Better? Being Hip or Being Earnest? –R.Pausch's Two Cents

by Christine Mortesen 0 comments

Tag


Share this post:
Design Float
StumbleUpon
Reddit

"Earnestness is highly underestimated.  It comes from the core, while hip is trying to impress you with the surface.  Hip people love parodies.  But there's no such thing as a timeless parody, is there?  I have more respect for the earnest guy who does something that can last for generations, and that hip people feel the need to parody." R.Pausch

I must say that while I like to keep up with the currents of the day. I have to agree with R.Pausch. Being earnest is equivalent to being honest and genuine. Food for thought...

ear⋅nest
[ur-nist]–adjective

1. serious in intention, purpose, or effort; sincerely zealous: an earnest worker.
2. showing depth and sincerity of feeling: earnest words; an earnest entreaty.
3. seriously important; demanding or receiving serious attention.
–noun
4. full seriousness, as of intention or purpose: to speak in earnest.

Comments 0 comments

Christine Mortensen
Visual Designer, UX Advocate, Social Medial Maven, Interactive Media Strategist, Blogger, and in my spare time I'm a Runner, Volleyball Player, and Bloody Mary Fan
CHICAGO-ILLINOIS
christine.mortensen@gmail.com

Subscribe feeds via e-mail
Subscribe in your preferred RSS reader

Subscribe feeds rss Recent Entries

Categories

My Photos on flickr

Vball Network on Facebook

Subscribe feeds rss Recent Comments

Technorati

Technorati
My authority on technorati
Add this blog to your faves