CM_Logo

Saturday, July 05, 2008

The Latest in Scams: Intellichat

by Christine Mortesen 0 comments

Tag


Share this post:
Design Float
StumbleUpon
Reddit

Ok, so maybe 'scams' is a bit harsh but this is pretty underhanded in my book. The service is called Intellichat and it basically acts as a sales representative for your online business via a chat-like forum. In their words an "Automated Sales Agent".



To me, it's one thing to call a company's customer service number and be greeted by a machine but it's another when a computer program is posing as a live human over IM to keep you from abandoning an online shopping cart. At least with the voice over the phone I can hit zero and talk to a real person. With this I just feel like I'm being tricked. It's a pretty good trick seeing as it caught my attention but you can see through it right away...no one types that fast...c'mon people :)

I guess this is what I get for clicking on banner ads. Like I mentioned earlier I normally shy away from the practice. Oh well, I didn't want that Chinese diet tea thing anyways...probably just causes trouble down below! And who wants that?!

Comments 0 comments

Christine Mortensen
Visual Designer, UX Advocate, Social Medial Maven, Interactive Media Strategist, Blogger, and in my spare time I'm a Runner, Volleyball Player, and Bloody Mary Fan
CHICAGO-ILLINOIS
christine.mortensen@gmail.com

Subscribe feeds via e-mail
Subscribe in your preferred RSS reader

Subscribe feeds rss Recent Entries

Categories

My Photos on flickr

Vball Network on Facebook

Subscribe feeds rss Recent Comments

Technorati

Technorati
My authority on technorati
Add this blog to your faves