CM_Logo

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Mini Portfolio Site Launch

by Christine Mortesen 0 comments



Share this post:
Design Float
StumbleUpon
Reddit

Hello all! You know for being as internet savvy as I am you sure wouldn't know it by the looks of this blog or by the fact that I don't even have my own website (anymore). Well, i just don't have time to create a site of my own so I like to use tools like Blogger, MySpace, Facebook, Flickr, Twitter, etc. that make it super easy to upload what I want, when I want so I can get on with my offline life :)


Well the latest super easy-to-use web publishing site that I've found is for those creative types out there that want to post our work online but can't stop creating cool stuff long enough to make a site of their own. It's a site called Carbonmade and it allows users to post 5 projects for free!

The design could definitely be described as a "Web 2.0" style (clunky, overly cute, and bright!) But it is easy to use. There's a few things I would have done differently or would love to see tweaked but hey, it's FREE right?!

The best part is that only took me about an hour to get all the screen captures up and labeled. The hardest part was actually taking the screen captures, and trying to decide what the heck to write. Overall I thought this was great practice for what I'd really like to showcase and a good test run for what I'd like to say about the things I've worked on. So often I forget to take a step back and think about what EXACTLY a project was about because you get so close to the work.

So please go check out the site and let me know what you think of my mini-portfolio
http://cmortensen.carbonmade.com/

Comments 0 comments

Christine Mortensen
Visual Designer, UX Advocate, Social Medial Maven, Interactive Media Strategist, Blogger, and in my spare time I'm a Runner, Volleyball Player, and Bloody Mary Fan
CHICAGO-ILLINOIS
christine.mortensen@gmail.com

Subscribe feeds via e-mail
Subscribe in your preferred RSS reader

Subscribe feeds rss Recent Entries

Categories

My Photos on flickr

Vball Network on Facebook

Subscribe feeds rss Recent Comments

Technorati

Technorati
My authority on technorati
Add this blog to your faves