CM_Logo

Sunday, April 08, 2007

I've gone batty...

by Christine Mortesen 0 comments

Tag


Share this post:
Design Float
StumbleUpon
Reddit

Hey kidz!

Yup, that's right...I'm crazy. Why you ask? Because I signed up for the Chicago Marathon on Sunday October 7th! That's 26.2 miles and I'm NOT a runner...well I wasn't anyways ;)

I decided to sign up for a few reasons:

#4. I've been wanting to get back into shape for a while now and figured this was the kick in the ass I needed.

#3. I want to quit smoking cuz it's just gross and stupid. (Drinking red wine again will never quite be the same though)

#2. I'm running a 10 mile race May 26th which is pretty close to half a marathon. If I can do that why not go for broke?! (Even if you're not a runner you probably know that 10 miles and 26.2 miles is a completely different animal all together but this is just how my logic works. Go big or go home!)

#1. I want to help raise money to find a cure for Alzheimers. It seems that it runs in my family and I'd really like to not forget all of you by the time I'm 70 (unless of course it's b/c I drank too much that day :P )

Seriously though, my grandfather passed from Alzheimers a few years back and it kills me knowing that one day my father might not know who I am if he develops this awful disease as well.

The link below will take you to my fund raising page. It says my goal is around $260 but I'd really like to try and raise $1000 or more. If you can donate anything at all I'd be extremely grateful!!!

http://AlzheimersTeamCARE.kintera.org/2007/cmortensen

I start training on May 8th!!!! Wish me luck; I'll post updates on my page about my progress every so often.


Loves and hugs!!!!
Christine

p.s.-Special thanks to Jay for giving me that final bit of motivation to sign up! You rock!


Comments 0 comments

Christine Mortensen
Visual Designer, UX Advocate, Social Medial Maven, Interactive Media Strategist, Blogger, and in my spare time I'm a Runner, Volleyball Player, and Bloody Mary Fan
CHICAGO-ILLINOIS
christine.mortensen@gmail.com

Subscribe feeds via e-mail
Subscribe in your preferred RSS reader

Subscribe feeds rss Recent Entries

Categories

My Photos on flickr

Vball Network on Facebook

Subscribe feeds rss Recent Comments

Technorati

Technorati
My authority on technorati
Add this blog to your faves